Thursday, May 20, 2010

Important announcement

I have also been made International Editor, starting in September. However I will continue to write on the east European region for the print edition of the Economist, as well as running a new blog called Eastern Approaches.


I am delighted to receive material from outsiders. It need be no more than a short email and a link to something interesting, such as a news item, a pamphlet, or another blog. My aim is to post something new every day. I am also interested in books which I can feature in the "Book of the Week" slot.  My email is edwardlucas(at)economist.com

My column Europe View will now move to this blog as a regular weekly posting. It has had 183 outings in its current form, and (and another 100-odd in its humbler preincarnation as Wi(l)der Europe in European Voice).

I will continue to post my main articles from The Economist and other outlets on this blog, which is about to have a snazzy redesign.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes I've noticed.

Good luck!

Perhaps I will post something useful here one day.